Students with Disabilities
Information Regarding Students with Learning Disabilities
UC Davis is committed to ensuring equal access to educational opportunities for students with disabilities. An integral component in the implementation of that commitment is the coordination of academic accommodations and support services through the Student Disability Center.
Students requesting accommodations must first establish eligibility by providing documentation of an impairment that limits a major life activity. The University reserves the right to request supplemental information to verify a students current functional limitations. Documentation must meet the following criteria:
Testing should reflect current abilities and achievement.
The report must include the following:
- Relevant information regarding the students medical, educational and learning history and current concerns
- Assessment of aptitude, academic achievement and information processing, including all test scores from appropriate standardized testing instruments
- A clear statement of the existence of an impairment
- A summary indicating the current functional limitations and their extent. The University reserves the right to request supplemental information to verify the existence of an impairment and current functional limitation
The report must be signed by an educational psychologist, clinical psychologist, or other qualified diagnosing professional.
Accommodations and Support Services
Requests for accommodations are considered on an individual basis by taking into account institutional obligations to provide equal access to educational opportunities, documented current functional limitations, and the student's course requirements. It is the student's responsibility to submit all requests for disability-based accommodations to the SDC each academic quarter.
Mailing Address and Contact Information
ODell, Learning Disability Specialist
Student Disability Center University of California
One Shields Avenue Davis, CA 95616-8714
(530) 752-3184 voice (530) 752-6833 TTY (530) 752-0161 fax